What do I need to bring to closing?

You will need to bring a valid form of government issued identification- a driver’s license or passport.

You will also need to bring a certified check made payable to Cookson & Cromer, PLLC Trust Account or wire funds into our trust account if you are bringing funds to closing.

Does my spouse need to be present at closing?

YES! Even though you may be the only borrower on the loan there are documents that must be signed by the non-borrowing spouse.

What if I cannot attend closing?

If you cannot attend closing you may sign a power of attorney (POA) to allow someone else to sign on your behalf.  Our office can draw this document up for an additional charge.  Please note that your lender must approve the use of a POA prior to closing.

When will I know how much money to bring to closing?

Once your lender provides our office with the loan closing package, our office will draw up a HUD settlement statement.  When it has been reviewed and approved by your lender, we will be able to provide you a specific amount to bring to closing.  

If you lender does not provide a closing package or approve the HUD settlement statement in a timely manner so that we can provide you a specific amount for funds, please use your Good Faith Estimate amount provided by your lender.